Vodka Red Hot Shots
February 14th, 2013
Please don’t misunderstand. This is hot, sweet and spicy cinnamon flavored liquor. It burns. Its also sweet and if you love things like red-hots and gummy cinnamon bears- this might just be the drink for you.
I infused red-hots into vodka, because of the all Valentines Day Puns I could derive from “RED HOT.” You know? Right?
But I realized after I took these pictures that I should have served this in shot glasses.
Cool? Did you know that you can do this with any candy and Vodka? You can.
Ok- short and sweet today. Have a hot and spicy day filled with love ☺
Recipe: Vodka Red Hot Shots
- -1/3 cup red hot candies
- -½ cup vodka
- -¼ cup simple syrup
- -Simple Syrup:
- -1 cup sugar
- -1 cup water
- -For the Sugar Rim:
- -Lemon wedge
- For the Sugar Rim
- 1. For the sugar rims, squeeze the lemon juice onto the rim of the shot glasses and dip them in sprinkles.
- For the Simple Syrup:
- 2. Boil the sugar and the water for 2 minutes until the sugar has melted and the mixture has just slightly thickened. Set aside.
- For the Cocktails:
- 3. In a glass, add the red-hot candies and the vodka.
- 4. Let the vodka and candy sit for at least an hour.
- 5. Add to a martini shaker full of ice cubes along with ¼ cup of simple syrup. Shake well and pour into shot glasses.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2