Sweet Onion and Chili Ketchup
May 24th, 2012
Amazing addition to any burger. TRY THIS!!!
I use this on Lamb, turkey and beef burgers and it is fantastic for dipping fries, onion rings and sweet potato fries.
You just fry up the onions and chili in some vegetable oil.
Then toss it in the blender with some plain old ketchup.
Blend till smooth and then dip away!
Recipe: Sweet Onion and Chili Ketchup
- -1 Tbs vegetable oil
- -1/2 large sweet onion (or yellow onion), rough chopped
- -1 red Fresno chilies
- -1 ½ cups ketchup
- -Kosher salt
- 1) In a medium sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat and add the onion and the chili.
- 2) Fry until they are golden, about 5 minutes.
- 3) In the jar of a blender, add the ketchup, onions and chili.
- 4) Puree until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with Kosher salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Preparation time: 3 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)