January 8th, 2012
I am still trying to stick with my month of healthiness! So when we had friends over the other day, I decided to make a super fresh, delicious and low calorie appetizer- this Salmon Ceviche.
I have made two different versions of this lately: Once on Good Morning America Health and once on New Day Northwest. This is a third variation on it (kind of a hybrid of the other two versions) full of tropical juicy mango, creamy avocado, crunchy cucumber and a bite of spice from fresh jalapeno.
So delicious and so healthy! I feel like this is an awesome appetizer for all year round, but would also make an incredible light lunch or dinner. Being healthy never tasted so good!
Salmon Ceviche, makes about 2 ½ cups
½ lb Raw Fresh Wild Salmon
½ an english cucumber, diced
½ large mango, peeled and diced
½ large avocado, peeled and diced
½ jalapeno, minced
2 Tbs cilantro, minced
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 Tbs sesame seeds
1 Tbs sesame oil
2 tsp black sesame seeds
1) Add the chopped cucumber to a medium bowl.
2) Add the mango and avocado to the bowl.
3) Add the minced jalapeno and minced cilantro.
4) Add the lime zest and the juice of the lime.
5) Add the sesame seeds and the sesame oil.
6) Dice the piece of salmon (make sure you remove the skin and bones first!)
7) Mix everything together until well combined.
8) Transfer into a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve (up to a couple of hours.)
9) Serve with rice crackers or cucumber slices.