Asian Salmon Burger
April 30th, 2012
I thought with grilling season fast approaching that these burgers would answer some calls for new and creative ways to serve burgers.
These Asian Salmon Burgers deliver on every level. They are incredibly delicious, with rich salmon, subtle spices, fresh herbs and green onion. Then comes the
Cool and creamy Spicy Herb Dip and the crunchy Spicy Pickled Cucumbers and Sweet and Spicy Pickled Red Onions.
These burgers not only wind up amazing in taste, but are totally stunning with their bright array of colors.
This is elegant casual BBQing, perfect for mothers day dinner!
Asian Salmon Burger, makes 6
-2 lbs Salmon, skinned and de-boned
-1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
-¼ cup cilantro, minced
-¼ cup parsley, minced
-½ jalapeno, minced
-2 Tbs sesame oil
-1 tsp salt
-1 cup panko bread crumbs
1) Using a large sharp knife, dice the salmon. Place in a bowl and set aside.
2) Add the green onion and the minced herbs, as well as the eggs, sesame oil and salt.
3) Mix really well and refrigerate for about an hour.
4) Preheat a BBQ grill to medium heat.
5) When the mixture is nice and cold, gently mix in the panko bread crumbs. You should have a thick enough consistency to form a patty.
6) On a sheet pan, form 6 patties.
7) BBQ the salmon patties for about 4 minutes on each side.
Generously spread the buns with the Spicy Herb Dip and then put the burger on the bottom bun.
10) Top with the other half of the bun and enjoy immediately.