Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
September 21st, 2012
Sorry. I didn’t fall off the face of the earth. I swear.
I have been swamped, in the weeds, up to my neck, (or any other phrase you could think of) with a project that I am aaaaalmost ready to tell you about. I am so excited, I can barely even contain myself. But I will, just a little bit longer ☺
I also did an episode of New Day Northwest Yesterday, which was as fun as ever! I got to go and support the Seattle Greek Community which is hosting it’s 52nd annual Greek Festival this weekend (if you are in Seattle you HAVE to come and eat!!) I will be there all weekend, as Pia will be Greek Dancing in like 6 “performances” on the stage there this weekend. Looks like I will be drowning in a tub of loukamades (Greek donuts dripping in honey) for the next three days.
Oh yeah- I am also leaving for Greece in just a few short days, and I have not even registered it, much less packed. (If you have any recommendations for must see/eat/do in Mykonos or Athens- please share!!)
Long story short- I’ve been busy. And when I am as busy as I have been, I am not one of those girls that dwindles down to nothing (although I wish I was!!). I like a little comfort here and there- and I like it when that comfort come in the form of food.
Like this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread. The perfect delicious accompaniment to my Greek island bikini diet, don’t you think? But so, so good and comforting. And my little girls are just gobbling this up like no ones business.
You should make this. You really, really should.
To make this bread, this is what you do:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare two loaf pans with baking spray.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until soft and creamy. Add the eggs and bbeat it until very fluffy. Then add the banana.
In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and then slowly add in the buttermilk and combine until you have a nice creamy batter. Add the chocolate chips and mix until they are just incorporated.
Divide the batter between the two loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees (on a low rack in the oven) for about 50 minutes or until the bread is cooked through.
Let the bread cool before turning out of the pans and slicing.
Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- -½ cup butter, softened
- -½ cup peanut butter
- -2 cups sugar
- -3 eggs
- -2 cups banana
- -2 ½ cups flour
- -½ cup dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- -1 tsp baking soda
- -¼ cup buttermilk
- -10 ounces chocolate chips
- -Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare two loaf pans with baking spray.
- -In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
- -Add the eggs and beat it until very fluffy.
- -In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- -Add the dry ingredients to the bowl.
- -Slowly add in the buttermilk and combine until you have a nice creamy batter.
- -Add the chocolate chips and mix until they are just incorporated.
- -Divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
- -Bake at 350 degrees (on a low rack in the oven) for about 50 minutes or until the bread is cooked through.
- -Let the bread cool before turning out of the pans and slicing.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)