Chive and Bacon Dip
June 1st, 2012
I told you there were going to be a lot of chive recipes this week. I wasn’t kidding!
That Chive Cream Cheese the other day was so good, that it got me thinking about how to make it into a dip.
Bacon was a natural choice. Salty, crunchy, bacony.
Because of my mayonnaise aversion- Greek yogurt was the base. It has the correct creamy consistency, and just the right amount of tanginess.
I couldn’t tell you how many years it has been since I have had potato chips and dip- but I will tell you: I have been missing out. This combo was sooooo good. I served this appetizer up to my family on Sunday afternoon, and it was scraped clean in about 5 minutes flat, so I guess they agreed with me.
In a bowl, using a fork, mix together the cream cheese and Greek yogurt until fluffy and very well combined. Add the chives, bacon and lemon juice and then season with salt and pepper.
Serve with veggies or potato chips.
Recipe: Chive and Bacon Dip
Summary: makes 2 cups
- -3 strips bacon, thickly cut
- -4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- -1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
- -½ cup chives, minced
- -2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- -Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan, fry the bacon over medium heat until very crispy and all of the fat is rendered. Set aside on a paper towel.
- 1) In a bowl, using a fork, mix together the cream cheese and Greek yogurt until fluffy and very well combined.
- 2) Fold in the chives and lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 3) Crumble the bacon and fold that into the dip as well.
- 4) Garnish the top with fresh chive blossoms or minced fresh chives. Serve with fresh veggies or potato chips.
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)