Potato, Brussels Sprouts and Goat Cheese Pizza
March 16th, 2012
Ok- this is the last of the St. Patrick’s Day inspired recipes. And it’s a good one!
Pizza topped with Irish ingredients like potatoes and cabbage. (Well little tiny cabbages, uh, called Brussels sprouts.)
They are brought together with creamy goat cheese and fresh thyme.
If you are feeling really indulgent, drizzle a little bit of truffle oil over the top.
So even if you aren’t Irish, or weren’t planning to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in any way shape or form, maybe you will re-consider and make this Potato, Brussels Sprouts and Goat Cheese Pizza or one of my other St. Patrick’s Day inspired recipes over the weekend. Your tummy won’t be sorry!
Potato, Brussels Sprouts and Goat Cheese Pizza, serves 6-8
-1 ball pizza dough
-¼ cup semolina
-½ russet potato
-1 tsp fresh thyme
-1 cup Brussels sprouts
-2 tsp olive oil
-6 oz soft goat cheese
1) Very thinly shred the Brussels Sprouts and toss them with 2tsp olive oil and set aside. Peel the potato and very thinly slice and set aside.
2) Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. If you have a pizza atone, put it on the bottom of the oven. Prepare a sheet pan with a brushing of olive oil.
3) Sprinkle the semolina on the counter top, and put the dough down on top of the semolina.
4) Use the semolina to keep the dough from sticking, and roll it out until it is very thin and round.
5) Transfer the pizza dough to the oiled sheet pan. Brush the pizza dough with a thin layer of olive oil.
6) Place the potato slices on the pizza.
7) Sprinkle the Pizza with salt and fresh thyme and parbake for 5-7 minutes or until the crust is golden and the potatoes are getting tender.
8) Sprinkle the shredded Brussels sprouts over the top of the pizza and sprinkle with Kosher salt.
9) Place the goat cheese in three dollops of 2 ounces on the top of the pizza.
10) Bake another 5 minutes until the goat cheese is soft, hot and golden and the Brussels sprouts are tender and just beginning to char.
11) If desired drizzle with truffle oil, and then slice and serve hot!Pin It